How to get a copy of W7 or W8

johndrew 14:07 12 Mar 15
Answered

There have been a number of questions over the years from those who bought a laptop or PC with the OS pre-installed and no system disk.

This article may be of help to anyone who has such a W7 or W8 installation; there is also some help for those running Vista as there are sources provided for that system software.

Hope this helps.

Procrastinus 21:54 12 Mar 15
Answer

Thank you johndrew.

A very useful article - bookmarked.

johndrew 18:54 13 Mar 15

My pleasure.

beeuuem 00:38 14 Mar 15

Good luck ! when I enter my valid key - the same one as used to activate the installation - I am told that the key is not valid for an English version.

Newuser4165 10:52 15 Mar 15

beuuem

You need to change the Product Key to the Key on the printed label not the one in the preinstalled version.

rdave13 14:22 15 Mar 15
  robin_x 15:22 15 Mar 15

That particular one gives me missing media driver error (in VMware) and no idea what drivers it's after.

I don't need it. I was just having a looksee recently.

---

The site is worth a shufti tho'. Also John's original link sub-links of sub-links.

beeuuem 02:41 26 Mar 15

Newuser4165 The key used is the one provided by Digital River for the full version of W7 Professional bought through them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…