How to get a Canon BJC-6200 printer to go again?

aussiebikerider 11:47 25 Jul 03

We had our computer shut down for 2 months, due to the hard drive failing. Covered by warranty, hence the long wait. We can't get the printer to start again. It keeps flashing the amber LED,6 times. Indicating ink cartridge probs. Anything done to this response is to no avail. The printer was working perfect before the hard drive failure. There is plenty of ink in each pot, so thats not the problem. Can the ink dryup/ or harden at the ink jets/ports?? To buy new parts for this will cos almost the Printers new price. Any good informed help would be appreciated.

recap 12:08 25 Jul 03

If it is dried up ink around the jets, try steaming the jets and wiping them with a tissue. Ensure you protect your-self when trying this.

recap 12:10 25 Jul 03

One other thing that you can try, hold down the paper feed button for about ten seconds.

Alan2 13:40 25 Jul 03

I take it you've tried to run the maintenance routines for cleaning the head and aligning nozzles etc.

If that hasn't worked I would ring Canon on

0870 143 723 possibly followed by options 3 then 2 (according to some notes I made a while back).

You may be asked for the serial number.

I have found them to be very helpful indeed - they once changed a gummed up head on a BJC - 610 for free!

Alan.

Mr Tinkles 14:23 25 Jul 03

I dont know whether it applies to this model but some canon models have a waste tank for ink used during cleaning. Once this is full you have to invariably call canon to empty it before it will work again. Check your led error codes to see if this might be the problem

aussiebikerider 03:16 09 Aug 03

Actually no advice worked, though I tried it all. Off to the Printer Repair shop. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…