How to format a USB flash as a HD? Help?

GloriaM 05:26 11 Jun 10

Some programs can be installed only on C and D hard drives ( PC running on XP Pro).
I want to install some of my software on a USB flash drive and open it on a different PC.

The question is how to format a USB flash drive (8Gb), so it can be recognised as a proper hard drive like C and D and installing any software on it will be possible?

I’m not a much of techie and a simple to understand instruction is much appreciated .

Thanks in advance to all who help me with this!

MAT ALAN 07:54 11 Jun 10

click here
click here

enough info here to get ya going...

mgmcc 08:29 11 Jun 10

As you can see from MAT ALAN's links, the programs that you can install and run in any PC from a USB drive are "portable" applications.

Although you could install conventional programs on a USB drive, you wouldn't be able to run them in a different PC because their entries in the registry would be missing.

MAT ALAN 08:35 11 Jun 10

click here
you could use this....

onthelimit 09:00 11 Jun 10

That looks like a really useful prog - bookmarked, thanks.

woodchip 19:15 15 Jun 10

Most programs only run on the PC you load them on, but a tip is, look in the Program folder for the main exe file that starts the program and double click it to see if it will run

ronalddonald 11:55 24 Jun 10

have tried right clicking on the icon of the pen drive in my computer there should be a way to frmat the drive there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…