How to format a slave drive

Leejg 19:15 01 May 04

How can I format my second drive which has win Me already installed. My master drive has Xp.

Will this do the job.(DiscWizard 2003) click here

Is this the best way to go for additional storage or is a re-install of Me better?

Thanks

BurrWalnut 19:21 01 May 04

To delete partitions within Windows there must, obviously, be a working system on the C drive. Ordinarily, a second hard disk would be the one to be deleted/created but it could be on the same drive as the operating system. Go to Start, Administrative Tools, Computer Management and click Disk Management. Right click on the drive to be deleted. Firstly delete logical drives then extended partition and then primary partition.
To create partitions go to Disk Management, right click the drive and set up, firstly the primary partition, then the extended and n number of logical drives within the extended partition. They can all then be formatted by right clicking them. The primary partition should also be set to active if Windows is to be installed on it.

Leejg 23:50 01 May 04

BurrWalnut

Didn't quite follow you there sorry, but I managed to format my slave drive with a combination of computer management on Xp(which didn't quite do it) and the installation disc. Then formatted through "my computer" as normal.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…