How to Format Acer?

Brisaya 12:55 11 Dec 06

Help

I've lost my backup disc when moving house and need to format my laptop ASAP

Anyone know how I can do this without the backup disc?

Taff™ 12:57 11 Dec 06

Which Acer Laptop is it and how old. More recent Acers get you to make your own Restore Disks - was this the case with yours or was a separate disk supplied?

The Kestrel 12:59 11 Dec 06

Does your laptop have a recovery partition on the hard drive that you can access to reformat? If not,your best bet is to contact Acer with all the details of your laptop and ask whether they can supply you with a replacement back-up CD.

Brisaya 13:00 11 Dec 06

its a travelmate 4021wlmi

yeah we made a back up disc but its gone walkies in the move and im running really slow

Brisaya 13:00 11 Dec 06

how will i know if it has a recovery partition? or with me not knowing if it does mean it doesnt?

The Kestrel 13:07 11 Dec 06

If you click on My Computer, you should be able to see all the partitions on your hard drive. If a recovery partition is present it will be labelled as such.

Brisaya 13:10 11 Dec 06

no it doesnt but it says i can format it when i right click on it but will this wipe windows xp?

Taff™ 13:14 11 Dec 06

You may not see it as The Kestrel describes. Try Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Then select Disk Management from the left hand pane. Normally Acer split their hard drives roughly into two. Post back with the size of each drive and let us know if you can see a third partition which might be 5-10 GB.

Taff™ 13:15 11 Dec 06

Yes it will wipe it completely! Don`t do it yet. You need to be a little patient.

Brisaya 13:21 11 Dec 06

it does have a c and d drive

Brisaya 13:23 11 Dec 06

its got pqservice 2.93gb
acer (c:) 17.08gb

acerdata(d:) 17.25gb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…