how to format

andygpz 12:08 25 Nov 03

i would be gratefull if someone could give me a step by step guide to formating my comp i am running windows 98SE and seem to get lots of problems with the whole thing just freezing on me usually only for a few seconds but its annoying

Terrahawk 12:32 25 Nov 03

to format a drive

you will need a boot disk with cdrom support .If you do not have one you can get one from here click here insert a floppy and double click the file to create a boot disk

Once you have the boot disk set your A drive /floppy to first bootable device in the bios.

insert boot disk into floppy drive reboot your machine

at the A:\ prompt type format C: (NOTE SPACE BETWEEN FORMAT AND C:)
warning this will remove all data from your drive y to proceed n to abort press y and the format will start

WARNING BEFORE FORMATTING make sure you have relevant disks and license keys back up any thing you require as all data will be removed from your drive

To reinstall windows make sure you have boot disk in the floppy and windows cd in cd drive reboot the machine at a:\ prompt change drive letter to E:\then type install then hit enter/return

Terrahawk 12:33 25 Nov 03

oops that should be double click the file you have downloaded

andygpz 13:45 25 Nov 03

thanks terrahawk,will give it a go when i am feeling brave enough

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…