How to find XP product key

hiwatt 11:28 08 Jan 09

Hi folks,my xp computer is a few years old and for some reason didn't have the xp product key on the tower or a cd.Xp was pre installed when I bought it.Does anyone know of a SAFE way of retrieving my xp product key?I know of a program called jellybean key finder but I don't trust it.Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

Technotiger 11:32 08 Jan 09

Run this - will tell you all your keys ... click here

hiwatt 11:36 08 Jan 09

Thanks technotiger.What I want is my product key so that if anything goes wrong and I need to do a repair install or something,I could borrow an xp cd but enter my own product key.I used to have belarc installed will this do that?

canarieslover 11:37 08 Jan 09

Try this. click here

Technotiger 11:38 08 Jan 09

Yes.

hiwatt 12:00 08 Jan 09

I used belarc.I've got winaso installed and this also tells you your product key but on my vista computer the key that's on the side of the tower is different to the one that winaso shows.Any ideas why?P.s winaso shows the same key as belarc for xp.

Stuartli 13:39 08 Jan 09

If you install SIW, it will detail your Product Key and Serial Number from "Operating System". See:

click here

It's similar to Everest, Belarc etc but much more comprehensive.

Stuartli 13:40 08 Jan 09

Will also list all your passwords from Secrets..:-)

T0SH 17:59 08 Jan 09

The program you are looking for is called
"Magical Jelly Bean"

From here

click here

Cheers HC

hiwatt 18:05 08 Jan 09

I used belarc as I have heard that magical jelly bean has infected some peoples computer.Does anyone know why the product key on my vista machine is different to the one that belarc advisor shows?

Terry Brown 18:27 08 Jan 09

The safest option is to make a backup of your operating system, so when (they always do sonner or later) it goes 'oops', you just reload the backupAs your XP CD is a few years old, I suggest you use a progranm called 'Autostreamer', which will make a copy of your CD with all the current updates. Once created, burn the image to a new CD.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…