How to find vip/vic for wireless configuration

Shutt1e 15:42 13 Aug 06

How do i find what my vip/vic is and my encapsulation

ade.h 15:48 13 Aug 06

Answered in your other thread. :-)

Shutt1e 15:49 13 Aug 06

yep do u no what channel i put the wireless on auto or any number btewwn 1 and 13 i think

ade.h 15:53 13 Aug 06

Any channel between 1 and 11, bearing in mind any other nearby networks. If there is another network in close proximity that uses, say, channel 11, try something around channel 6 or lower.

Avoid 12 and 13, as some adapters do not support them.

Shutt1e 15:54 13 Aug 06

ok my laptop is wireless enabled already will it pick it up

Shutt1e 15:54 13 Aug 06

ok my laptop is wireless enabled already will it pick it up

Shutt1e 15:56 13 Aug 06

also hwo to i find my connection type
thx ade.h for the help

ade.h 16:03 13 Aug 06

Yes, it will pick it up if you follow these steps:

1) Switch on your adapter via the keyboard/fascia button before you log in to your Windows User Account.
2) Click on the Wireless LAN icon in the Notification Area. From the left pane of the new window, refresh the network list.
3) Select your SSID and click the Connect button. Enter your WPA key twice (you should have configured this setting in your router) by pasting it from a text file to avoid errors.
4) Make a firewall permission when your client firewall prompts you (which it will at this point unless you run it in automatic mode).

What do you mean by connection type?

Shutt1e 16:04 13 Aug 06

connection type like pppoE and pppoA

ade.h 16:12 13 Aug 06

Oh, that's called encapsulation! PPPoA for UK ADSL services. This stands for Point to Point Protocol over ATM.

Some people use the term "encapsulation" to describe what is actually the authentication mode, which can confuse things. The two settings are related though.

Shutt1e 16:13 13 Aug 06

ok thx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac