How to find out the model number of a motherboard

St.Anger 11:42 23 Dec 03

I have been given an intel mobo and cant find the model out i know the chipset is a Intel® 82801AA (ICH) and it has an onboard intel 82815 4mb graphics chip. if you casn think of anyway to find the model number please let me know cos i need the manual so i can hook up the case leds and various switches

Rennaissance 11:46 23 Dec 03

try click here belarc advisor.

It should be printed on the board somewhere. Sorry I can't give you more help.

bremner 12:49 23 Dec 03

The Intel 82815 Chip is a graphics and memory controller for Celeron based systems.

The 82801AA is the I/O memory controller hub.

These came together on the Intel 815 Chipset click here

As Mark has said there is normally a brand name and model number on the board.

anchor 12:55 23 Dec 03

This will give you lots of info:, including motherboard details.

click here

bremner 13:22 23 Dec 03

I took it from your posting that you do not have this mobo working as yet - therefore Belarc and Aida will not be of help - am I correct?

St.Anger 15:26 23 Dec 03

exactly i am having trouble finding the model number as it is quite old and the markings are faded

anchor 15:34 23 Dec 03

Yes bremmer, on re-reading the posting it appears as you are correct.

It will be a matter of looking around the actual board to find the details, and then searching on Google, Here is a start:

click here

anchor 15:42 23 Dec 03

St Anger`s last post came up whilst I was looking on Google.

If you can`t make out the markings at all, then it could be a problem. I suggest the best way might be to contact Intel UK support. Give them what details you can, and hope they can identify it.

Telephone: 0870 607 2439; 08:30 to 16:00, Monday -Friday.

Rennaissance 18:11 23 Dec 03

on a new mobo i bought it had a sticker on the board marking the model of it. Which was the MSI KT4AV. Do you mind me asking why you need the model number?

St.Anger 19:00 23 Dec 03

i need the model so that i can download the manual so i can set up the switches leds etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…