How to find out the memory for the Geforce Ti4200

lulu100 18:04 22 Feb 03

I received my new computer recently from Carrera which should have the upgraded MSI GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB installed. Although in the device manager, it shown as MSI NVIDIA Geforce 4 Ti4200 (AGP8x), I could not find any info about the memory of the card.

In the MSI Info under Display Properties, the VGA Card Info shown as 32MB and SDRAM! I can't understand why and am not sure whether it is the 128MB card I ordered. The model no of the card is MS8894 but both 64MB and 128MB have the same model number. How can I find out the memory of my card? Anybody help??

(Carrera claimed that they did not sell 32MB card and asked me to contact technical support. I also tried the MSI live technical support but could not send the message through.)

AndySD 18:06 22 Feb 03

click here Belarc Advisor should tell you

rickf 09:42 23 Feb 03

You can always take out the caer to have a look. There should be a sticker telling you the capacity of it. Only if you are confident about doing this. I believe it also shows the capacity at start up. Look at the boot creen when its booting up.

smcarlsen 10:50 23 Feb 03

I have recently installed a GeForce Ti4200 4800SE & when I go into Display Properties then click on Advanced, I have the option to select the GeForce Ti4200 4800SE Tab, this gives lots of info about the card.

tenor 13:37 23 Feb 03

When you boot your comp the first thing you should see is the g.c type and mem.

« Ravin » 13:43 23 Feb 03

maybe updating the drivers should help?

lulu100 00:44 25 Feb 03

Thanks a lot for the helpful advice. I have sorted this out by looking into the advanced tab under display properties. It was a 128MB card - just still can't understand why it displayed as 32MB in VGA information.

Anyway, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…