How to find out about motherboard upgrades!

toon 16:18 08 Jun 03

How do I find out how much upgrading my motherboard will handle.(processor,memory,graphics and audio cards etc.)
I have been told of a website that will analyze the motherboard and tell me what can be achieved.
We have no idea of what is inside the box,our computer is a 3 year old Compaq Pesario 5000 model.
Cheers Jon

hugh-265156 16:21 08 Jun 03

aida32 is a graet tool for getting info on what hardware and software you have click here

it has links to the manufacturers websites beside the hardware listings.you can then go there to get even more info.

Diemmess 17:24 08 Jun 03

Just a miserable thought......... Compaq, and some others quite often have different case design from lesser firms so be sure that any new mobo you buy will fit the case, unless you feel like some heavy engineering.

Diemmess 17:30 08 Jun 03

Sorry, my comment was irrelevant at this stage, but you may be very limited in what you can do, because of this "do it our way" approach of some of the big names.

Quiller. 17:46 08 Jun 03

You may be able to get a little bit of information from here.click here

Your motherboard manual should be the best source of information, if you have one.

But bear in mind Diemmess's comment, you may only be able to upgrade certain components, because of the way compaq have built them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…