How find old posts?

MickinPlymouthUK 01:48 05 Oct 06

Am I the only one having trouble finding old posts here, or am I doing something wrong?
What usually happens is that I post asking for advice, then one or more people kindly post answers and I go away and try their suggestions which might take a few days to work through.
Then I want to go back to find my original post to say either "sorry no joy" or "Yay it worked, question answered!", but by now my post is lost under an avalanche of new posts and I can't find it again..

Miros 04:42 05 Oct 06

Top left hand side of this page is your name (MickinPlymouthUK) yes? under that is your last log in date, under that is your postings, left click on postings and all the postings you ever made should be there, just toggle through them, click on the one you want and it should bring up the relevant page.
Hope that's the answer you want? Or do I miss something?

Miros 13:25 05 Oct 06

Look in your e-mail address in box you should be getting response reply's with a link that you can use to log back to your posting.

Of course if you are not looged on!! none of the forgoing will apply.

Technotiger 13:29 05 Oct 06

Miros -

Hi, your first answer was the correct one!

Cheers.

Miros 14:15 05 Oct 06

Yeh but I wonder why he has not replied? could it be he isn't looging on to the forum??

Miros 14:20 05 Oct 06

PS.
i.e. he has the forum page up but is not logged on do you know what I mean? I can get the forum page up some times and find I have been accidently logged out, and therefor nothing works.

Technotiger 14:20 05 Oct 06

Miros -

Hi, looking at the times of the Posts - maybe he does not come on to the Forum until the evenings? Work or School perhaps.

Cheers.

Miros 14:25 05 Oct 06

You could be right should have enough respons's in his mail box now to alert him, going out for walk now so I will leave him in peace :-)
Cheers to you too.

MickinPlymouthUK 14:43 05 Oct 06

It's okay thanks,I'm monitoring the replies and am waiting to see if any more come in over the next day or two, that's my standard procedure whenever I post for help so I can get a good selection of replies to weigh up(especially the hardcore tech advice ones) rather than go off half-cocked with the first one or two to come in, seems logical to me.
Right Spock?
Affirmative Mick..

IClaudio 14:50 05 Oct 06

In this case, the first answer, from Miros, is the only one - it's not going to get better!

dagbladet 14:55 05 Oct 06

Hi Mick, you could try this;

Top left hand side of this page is your name (MickinPlymouthUK) yes? under that is your last log in date, under that is your postings, left click on postings and all the postings you ever made should be there, just toggle through them, click on the one you want and it should bring up the relevant page.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017