How to find home page in google

edenworkshops 11:59 06 Oct 08

Hello

I had a look round to see where the right place to put this would be, so I put it here.

I want to find out on which page in Google my home page occurs when I do a search using the keyword I optimised the page for.

About 2 months ago I had to do a 301 re-direct as I changed most of my file names, could this have something to do with my not being able to find my home page?

I have manually dug down to page 30 in Google, and no sign of my home page.

I believe my home page, and the rest of the site, is "worthy" enough for decent ranking.

Other pages in my site do appear on the first page or so of Google, it is just my home page I cannot see.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Richard

birdface 14:01 06 Oct 08

What is the home page you are looking for and we will see if we can find it.

birdface 14:04 06 Oct 08

If using IE.Tools.Internet Options.And your home page should be in the box.If not put it there.And press apply.

Stuartli 14:40 06 Oct 08

It's unlikely your home page, or any of the others, will remain as prominent over time as others will "overtake" them.

Your assessment of being ..."worthy" enough for decent ranking" might not be considered as good enough for overall Google placings.

edenworkshops 14:42 06 Oct 08

Thank you for your replies.

The page I am looking for is click here.

I would just like to know where the home page is in google by doing a search for the main keyword, "gold leaf"

Richard

birdface 16:38 06 Oct 08

Its working Ok for me.

birdface 16:57 06 Oct 08

Ok is this any help.Just dotted UK only with Google and it is in page 9.

edenworkshops 18:19 06 Oct 08

Sorry buteman I don't understand what you mean.

I am very happy you have understood it, but could you elaborate so I can too :)

Richard

birdface 19:02 06 Oct 08

Sorry got it completely wrong I have been looking for the wrong thing.Going out if nobody else finds it i will try to-morrow again.

Woolwell 19:10 06 Oct 08

I don't think that buteman got it wrong. Doing a Google.co.uk search and clicking on pages from the uk your site home page comes up on page 9.

MCE2K5 20:08 06 Oct 08

In Google,

If you type gold-vault - Result = 1st on Page 1.

If you type gold vault - Result = 2nd on Page 1.

Also type in How To Create Antique & Distressed Finishes = 1st on Page 1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…