How To Find Compatible Graphic Card For Motherboar

Solartopi 21:13 20 Sep 07

Hi Folks,

I wish to build a computer with this Motherboard:
Asus M2N-SLI deluxe ATX Socket AM2 Nvidia nForce 570 SLI Mcp

How would I know what Graphics Card would fit in it and be compatible with it.

Kindly Help

Solartopi

Devil Fish 21:14 20 Sep 07

8800gtx

bremner 21:17 20 Sep 07

The details you have provided supply the info you need.

SLI means it can take two Nvidia PCI-E graphics cards. Like these here click here

The rest depends on your budget.

keef66 12:23 21 Sep 07

but you don't have to put 2 cards in it.

If you're installing just one card, any PCI-express card will be OK. Which you go for will depend on budget and what you want to do with the pc.

If you're installing 2 cards in SLI they have to be Nvidia.

Solartopi 16:59 21 Sep 07

Devil Fish, bremner, keef66,

Thanks very much for the info. I don't play a lot of Games. My grandkids do but I don't allow them to bring any of those Voom things because my present computer won't take it & may crash my computer too.

It would be a good idea to go for one good one, Card. May be some time in the future another can be added.

Solartopi

umbongo(uk) 23:50 22 Sep 07

if you are getting that motherboard the graphics card needed would be

pci_e

note other cards will be the older model interfaces of pci(not to be confused with the above) and agp

quick list of how the gfx card compare
note the 7 index is tht the card use dx9 and the 8 series is the new dx10 this is mainly a gaming level and wont impact on ordinary computing tasks you wish to use one for

7300 low - 8400 ::low allrounder cards
7600 medium - 8600 ::medium better gaming graphics
7900 high - 8800 ::high top gaming performance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple