How to fax PDFs using fax modem

minstrel2nd 13:38 25 May 07

Hi all.

I currently have a second tel line in work to send occasional faxes to insurance companies, banks, etc - yes, they still use fax! I was hoping to save costs by scanning to PDF and then faxing using my laptop's built-in modem (through a single telephone line). When I click on 'file' and then'send to', there is no fax recipient option. On Microsoft website, I read that an 'efax' provider is required but that obviously results in a monthly charge which undermines the whole point of getting rid of the second line - replacing one charge with another.

Does anyone have any solution to the faxing of PDFs? Other formats I could ust?

PS Apologies for the length of request and any techno-errors - technically-gifted I am not! Thanks in advance.

Technotiger 13:57 25 May 07

Is this any help ...

click here

minstrel2nd 14:16 25 May 07

Technotiger - thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately that is the information I had already looked at - the fax service providers they refer to charge a monthly fee which is simply a case of replacing one charge with another.

Stuartli 14:54 25 May 07

From what I remember of dialup faxing, you have to configure the voice/fax/data modem as a printer to send e-mails.

You also need to install the Windows Fax software or equivalent and, of course, you should have a fax modem, not just voice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now