How fast is lightscribe?

prb 20:06 15 Oct 08

Wonder if anyone could offer some advice - I burn around 10 CDs a week (nothing illegal, they're sermon recordings from our church), and was wondering about getting a lightscribe drive to label them up.

Does anyone have any experience on the speed of these drives? I understand that the more complicated the design is, and the further from the middle it is, the longer it will take.

Thanks

Paul

MaxUpload 20:35 15 Oct 08

Taken from the user manual of a now defunct drive I used to have,and I quote :

"Labelling time depends heavily on content, hardware, media and print mode used. Typically for title only content, a labeling time of 2-5 minutes can be expected. For full disc graphics in Best quality mode, labelling times of 20-35 minutes can be expected."

From what I can remember the times given above are a little ambiguous to say the least.Coupled with the cost of media it would probably be a lot easier and cheaper to get a printer with a CD printing facility.I did!!

Technotiger 20:38 15 Oct 08

Hi, I have only done a few, each with a fair amount of detail - average time taken to label-print was 20-25 minutes peer disc.

I am Spartacus 20:44 15 Oct 08

Same here, about 20-30 minutes for a fair bit of detail including pictures. I don't bother anymore though, the discs are expensive compared to normal blanks and black(ish) on beige doesn't look that good. There's other colours apart from beige though.

prb 21:13 15 Oct 08

thanks for your comments, Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…