how far is too far

acceptmyname 17:07 29 Oct 07

I have been scouring the market lately for a new ISP i have had very different prices and very different advice on what my phonr line is capable of in terms of speed, one of the things that concerns me is one of the service providers i spoke to told me you are to far from the exchange now 1 of the things i would like to find out is what exchange i use and the location could anybody tell me how i would do that also how far is too far from an exchange that it would effect your line speed.

Graham. 17:14 29 Oct 07

click here You have to scroll down.

Graham. 17:16 29 Oct 07
  exodus 17:16 29 Oct 07

Hi, enter the details required on this site to see the potential of your line.
click here

exo

namtas 17:17 29 Oct 07

For your exchange
click here

For your exchange
click here

For your exchange
click here

namtas 17:19 29 Oct 07

Goodness gracious did I do that! FE get your eraser out.

acceptmyname 17:24 29 Oct 07

thanks for your quick responses everybody.

The results say i am 2km (as the crow flies) to the nearst exchange is this good or bad.

Daveboy 17:28 29 Oct 07

"also how far is too far from an exchange that it would effect your line speed."
As soon as your line leaves the exchange it starts to suffer ! Over 7 Km you will probably be on 500 Kbps at best, beyond 8 Km you,d have to be on very good copper to get reliable service of any speed.

woodchip 17:31 29 Oct 07

That is good I am more than that and with TalkTalk I get 6.5mb on a 8mb line I am about 1.5 to 2. miles from Exchange Nearer in a strait line

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant