How to Erase C and Keep for storage after Ghosting

Ive 15:37 24 Aug 04

Just installed new larger hard drive as Master And kept old hard drive as slave for storage. Transfered all on old drive C to new drive F via Norton Ghost, all o.k. But now how do you erase C and keep it as slave for storage.C is a fat drive.
Using XP home.

rawprawn 15:52 24 Aug 04

Format it

rawprawn 15:59 24 Aug 04

Sorry in case you are unsure My Computer right click on C if that is the one you want to format and choose format. I assume your Windows XP is now on F drive

Ive 16:52 24 Aug 04

XP is now on 'F' but when I try and format 'C' I get a message saying Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disc utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again. So what do I do next.Bear in mind I am on Broadband and that norton is running etc.

rawprawn 16:59 24 Aug 04

First check the boot sequence to make sure that you are booting from F drive. If it is still using C as the boot disc you will have to change itto F

Ive 17:06 24 Aug 04

how do I do that

rawprawn 19:37 24 Aug 04

Reboot your computer, as it starts you will see F2 for set up, press F2. scroll down to BOOT SEQUENCE and follow the intructions to change, if it's showing C as 1 move it to F so that F is 1 and select. reboot and try again.

Diemmess 20:41 24 Aug 04

Assuming that you fitted the new HD yourself, fiddling inside the box will hold no mystery for you.

It won't be elegant, but a super safe way to format the old Win98 HD is to disconnect the new HD (just pull its plugs, no need to remove it).

Connect the old HD as the one and only, then boot with your old Windows98 setup floppy.

Type Format C: > Enter....and all the old data is gone.

Finally set both disks back in their final pecking order and boot normally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…