Outlook Express 6 has a feature that blocks access to attachments that potentially could contain viruses. This features purpose is an attempt to steam the tide of e-mail borne viruses. It can also be a problem in that it does not actually scan the attachments for viruses, it just blocks all executable attachments indiscriminately.
This feature is turned on by default, but can be turned off by following these simple steps:
1. In Outlook Express, click on the 'Tools' menu.
2. Select 'Options'.
3. Click on the 'Security' tab.
4. Remove the check from the box labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".
5. Click on the 'Apply' button.
6. Click on the 'OK' button.