How to Email .mov files?

simon's dad 21:58 12 May 04

My kodak digital camera creates ".MOV" short video files.When I try to Email them - Outlook Express cancels it saying it cannot allow the file to be opened! Can this be over ridden - Or what do I need to change the format possibly to ".AVI"?

Diodorus Siculus 22:05 12 May 04

Outlook Express 6 has a feature that blocks access to attachments that potentially could contain viruses. This features purpose is an attempt to steam the tide of e-mail borne viruses. It can also be a problem in that it does not actually scan the attachments for viruses, it just blocks all executable attachments indiscriminately.

This feature is turned on by default, but can be turned off by following these simple steps:

1. In Outlook Express, click on the 'Tools' menu.
2. Select 'Options'.
3. Click on the 'Security' tab.
4. Remove the check from the box labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".
5. Click on the 'Apply' button.
6. Click on the 'OK' button.

Pesala 22:43 12 May 04

It will be slightly smaller to send (about 15%) and should, I think, bypass the security protection your friend uses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…