How to edit/save a dvd clip?

hiwatt 19:22 06 Jun 09

Hi folks.
I need to take a short 30 second clip from a dvd I've got and save it as a file.Could anyone tell me how to do this and the best software for doing so?Thanks.

eedcam 22:38 06 Jun 09

Hi if this is going to be a one off then you could install Videoredo it is not free but the trial is fully working
click here
Or dvd shrink which is free but not quite as user friendly but can walk you through it if you like
click here

hiwatt 16:59 07 Jun 09

Thanks.I already have dvd shrink installed so If I can do it with that,that would be great.How do I take the short 30 second clip from the dvd I've got?

eedcam 18:27 07 Jun 09

Open the dvd in shrink then choose reauthor drag the main title over to the left Panr .At therb top right youwill see two opposing arrows click on that and the Star/end frame box will open .Drag the top slider to where you want to start then the botom to where you want to finish.As its a short clip just slide the botm one back as far as it will go it will stop at where you started .Then just slide it to your end point Click ok you now have your 30 sec clcik . You ned to save it as you would an ordinary dvd except choose create hard disc folder. You now have a video_ts folder with your clip .You should be able to play tht on the pc or easily convert it to wahtever you need

Kevscar1 18:46 07 Jun 09

Much easier to use Windows Movie Maker. In preview just slide the bar to where you want to start click split. then to where you want to end and click split again.
Drag to timeline and click publish. Give it a name and location where you want to save it.

eedcam 22:22 07 Jun 09

Not really as WMM does not accept Mpeg.You would need to convert to avi first with a huge file n.The job could be done in seconds in shrink while you were still converting nthe file

hiwatt 10:12 08 Jun 09

Great thanks folks.

birdface 10:22 08 Jun 09

Not sure if this is any good for you or not.But free for 24 hours.

click here

hiwatt 18:46 22 Jun 09

I've just made a few short 30 second clips in dvd shrink.I have the 3 titles saved in the left hand panel but could you tell me how I choose create hard disc folder to get a video_ts folder please?

hiwatt 19:57 22 Jun 09

I sussed it out using back up after saving my clips.Dvd shrink is a great wee program ain't it?All done now,I'll tick as resolved.Thanks for the help folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…