How to edit pics

holligan 20:37 20 Oct 03

I have no scanner at home and tried the libeary one. I got the pics editted so they were just the bits i wanted put on a floppy then i wanted to put on my website but i get the pics real big. can i get them smaller.cheers what is the best way to scan and save i tried scan to paint and word.the liberay staff hide when iam in.

Jarvo 21:36 20 Oct 03

Hi
You need to edit your pics in a image editor almost all have a resize feature. Mesure your image sizes in pixels at 72dpi keep in mind that if your site is designed to be displayed on a screen with a 800x600 resalution, a 800x600 pixel image at 72 dpi will fill the screen and ajust the images down over to suit.
To save time on uplading and downloading for your site viewers save graphics as GIF images and photos as Jpegs with a good amount of compression.
If you intend to use a lot of large pictures on your site use small images (thumnails) that link to pages with large images. This will allow site viewers to view your site with reasonable speed and also give them the opertunity to view your images in all there glory.
If you only intend to use your scaned images for web use may I sugest scaning them at the required sizes at 72 dpi someone at your libery should be able to show you how to change the settings if you are not sure

Jarvo

Jarvo 21:42 20 Oct 03

Dyslexia strikes again

holligan 22:13 20 Oct 03

cheers i will try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…