how to edit an AVI

Jane doe 11:30 24 Feb 03

Hi there. Can anyone advise me how to cut down a corporate AVI file please. This was sent and D/L over the weekend and I need to put it on a cd to give to people. Never done this before. When I tried to burn a first one in Nero it just comes up, the file is too large to fit on the media. Please insert a larger media.' then it ejects. The discs we have are 80 min 700 meg. The file says 738 meg. So I want to cut off the twirling logo thing at the front so it will fit on a CD. Can anyone help?

MichelleC 11:37 24 Feb 03

I think VirtualDub will do what you want: click here to trim an avi or mpeg file.

Belatucadrus 11:58 24 Feb 03

click here for a free trial of FX video splitter, or click here for Zwei Stein video editor.

MAJ 12:10 24 Feb 03

I've never used it but doesn't Windows Movie Maker (free with XP) do that sort of thing?

Jane doe 12:20 24 Feb 03

Thanks all. I have D/L virtual dub but cant work out how to use it yet. It plays the file but cant see how to cut front bit off, but Ive never done this before. Ill keep trying. Im also in process of D/L Zwein Stein. Jane

Cantillion 12:48 24 Feb 03

This guide should help click here

How long is the video (in mins)? You might be able to reduce the file size by re-encoding to MPEG. This can easily be done with tmpgenc (click here)

MichelleC 14:31 24 Feb 03

Also i think there's an option on Nero to convert avi to mpeg for vcd (thus reducing file size).

Jane doe 14:32 24 Feb 03

Thanks all
Cantillion..I only understood click here. lol!

Jane doe 14:59 24 Feb 03

Cantillion I managed it using the guide you sent me thanks all. This vid stuff looks complicated there must be an easy to understand guide somewhere. ie whats mpeg and avi mean? Thanks again, Jane

powerless 15:02 24 Feb 03
  Cantillion 19:38 24 Feb 03

You can give my website a whirl click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…