//some 3rd party need geo

How easy to install internal dvd writer on pc?

pc imbecile 20:08 02 Jun 05

Hi ,I am looking to buy an internal dvd writer for my pc and have been viewing a number of likely candidates on e-bay ,the price seems right but none of them have given any indication of how easy they are to install or if i would have to buy extra kit (wires?) to do so .any advice or information would be greatfully received........
Thanks

stalion 20:12 02 Jun 05

it's pretty straight forward there should not be any extra wiring to purchase, info here and also if you need help when installing just ask
click here

pc imbecile 20:17 02 Jun 05

Thank you stalion very helpful . will give it a go

dan11 20:18 02 Jun 05

You must buy one with software, you can download some off the net, but it is better to have the software with it. Otherwise it will just be a cdrom / dvd reader.

stalion 20:19 02 Jun 05

Also it may pay you to buy new there are many choices here at reasonable prices
click here

SEASHANTY 20:19 02 Jun 05

Another help tutorial in installing a front loading drive click here

SEASHANTY 20:22 02 Jun 05

Buy a new DVD writer. Blankdiscshop have some cheap ones available click here
You can obtain an excellent new drive for £30.

pc imbecile 20:45 02 Jun 05

I was hoping to install it and keep my existing cd/rw and dvd player all in the same tower to be able to save "dvd to dvd " to make back up copies of my dvd discs, is this likely to be a problem as i noticed that some advice reads as using new drive as a replacement and not in addition to my existing one?

stalion 20:51 02 Jun 05

you will not need your cd/rw as the dvd writer will also do the same job just keep your dvd player.Copying dvd to dvd can be a problem unless you save oto the hard drive first

dan11 20:54 02 Jun 05

This will depend on how many devices you have. If you have just 1 hard drive, 1 cd/rw and 1 dvdrom. You should have 1 spare IDE connector with a spare power lead.

If you have this you should be alright.

ps just check you have a spare bay to put the writer in. Has it got a spare blank panel, near the optical drives, on the front of the machine?

SEASHANTY 08:16 03 Jun 05

Yes - as noted above you should be OK with three optical drives and one hard disk drive. If the power socket will not reach the bay you are fitting the new drive in then you can use a splitter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…