How To Download From BBC I Player

ponytail 09:04 27 Nov 13

I missed a program on Monday so decided to watch on BBC I player then noticed I could download it so installed the app for downloading and then clicked on download and it went through ok it is in my videos but when I tried to play nothing happened anyone know what I may have done wrong

alanrwood 10:24 27 Nov 13

What type of file did you download .avi? and where did you download it to.

ponytail 13:36 27 Nov 13

It is as follows C Drive Users User My Videos BBC I Player Downloads

How can I tell what sort of file it is

lotvic 13:54 27 Nov 13

How did you try to play it?

alanrwood 14:14 27 Nov 13

It is usually a wmv or avi file. You need to look at the file extension.

Windows Media Player should play them if not try VLan VLC Media Player or K-Lite Codec Pack. (Use Google to find a secure download).

alanrwood 18:47 27 Nov 13

Hi Lazarus

Just shows I have not downloaded anything from BBC iPlayer in the last few months. I will have a look at this when I get a few minutes.

michaelw 09:03 28 Nov 13

I haven't done it for a long time but I seem to recall you need Adobe Air installed for downloading from IPlayer click here

alanrwood 09:23 28 Nov 13

Yes you need Adobe Air to download in the original BBC iPlayer but I read somewhere that BBC had issued a new version which does not need it so I guess it depends on which version you are running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…