How does one reformat a floopy disc?

night 16:22 26 Jul 04

Is it possible to reformat a floppy disc and if so how does one go about it I am using Windows XP.

flyingpeterpan 16:26 26 Jul 04

Put the floppy in the drive and then right click the floppy icon in MY COMPUTER,choose format.

Sapins 16:28 26 Jul 04

Hi night,

Go to start/my computer, right click on floppy drive, select format.

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 16:30 26 Jul 04

I see you are living up to your name;-)

end 16:33 26 Jul 04

and make sure it is not "write-protected"....(I think??)

flyingpeterpan 16:33 26 Jul 04

THANKS!:O)

Sapins 16:43 26 Jul 04

It won't format if it is write protected, turn the floppy over to the side that shows the round steel circle thingy and move the little slide button in the right hand bottom corner away from the edge.

end 16:51 26 Jul 04

yes..I know that(!!!) but night might not!!!!so shed some light on the subject....(I"ll put my false teeth back in now!!)...

night 17:00 26 Jul 04

I guess the false teeth can go back now lol mnay thanks !!!!!

Sapins 17:01 26 Jul 04

OK,ok,ok Blimey, I thought my hard drive was cracking up, must have been your false teeth chattering eh? ;-))

I'll add to my last post " this will remove the write protection on the floppy and it can now be formatted", now It might be alright for night having shed some light, right or shall I go fly my kite?

Sorry night we seem to be getting carried away.Let us know if you need any further explanation.

Regards,

Sapins.

end 17:27 26 Jul 04

you try saying "but night might not", and see where your false teeth end up...!!!in the hole we have now created in the floppy disc....wot same can now be formatted.....

as they say "It"ll be alright on the night..take 3".....(or even Dennis Norton says!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…