How Does One Embed Links in a MySQL Table

thegreypanther 16:50 PM 25 Nov 08

I have managed to grasp a sufficient knowledge of PHP / MySQL to get the beginnings of a searchable on-line database. My prototype search / retrieve pages are on
click here
(The data accessed contains 146 surnames all starting with "A").
My next objective is to set up embedded links in the retrieved data, so that a user can select a highlighted memorial and be taken to the page where the data for that memorial is found.

BUT I NEED HELP AND GUIDANCE!

Are there any on-line tutorials where I could get a readily understood "How To" on setting about this objective?

tobyb121 00:16 AM 07 Jan 09

What I woul do is have a column where the link is stored as you want it to be, e.g. h t t p : / / w w w . g o o g l e . c o m, and then in php echoing anchor tags to your output, if you want a script example I can help you with it. Also make sure all links are given with http:// at the begining or the browser will recognize them as in site links

thegreypanther 12:46 PM 08 Jan 09

Many thanks for the offer toby121.
Fortunately, another Toby, - whose link is given at the bottom of the page for inputting search data on this particular website,
click here
was kind enough to get me out of the jam I was in and supplied the coding.
Or maybe you are the same Toby?!

The searchable database of WW1 Memorials for men of the Yorkshire Regiment now contains the references to the graves and memorials for over 4,500 soldiers of that regiment. Seems to work absolutely fine.
click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites