How Does Linux Delete Files?

Mytob 20:10 29 Jan 06

I was just woundering how the linux os deletes files form a hd ect. I no windoz just rewrites the first block as deleted but the file is still there but does linux or other unix based os do it in the same way?

octal 22:19 29 Jan 06

That's an interesting question, it might be better putting that in one of the Linux forums, I use this one click here

Chegs ®™ 23:25 29 Jan 06

I would presume it does so in a similar fashion to windows as I accidently wiped all the data from a 40Gb HD installing a distro to the wrong HD but was able to format the HD back to NTFS then recover the data with an NTFS file recovery app.No mean feat for a recovery app,as the HD was formatted to ext2,had a distro loaded,then to NTFS and then partitioned.The app I used was File Scavenger® Version 3 Disk Data Recovery Program click here only I used version 2.

fitcher 12:33 30 Jan 06

in some linux ie suse . you can actualy delete the system in root itself ...i find it an easier way than doing fdisk and remove.. ...after that you simply remove other partions .ie windows ,,and you are not left with a grub file ..format and away you go ..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…