How does Acronis backup work

Snrub 21:30 20 Oct 09

I have created a full image backup on a removable 'f' hard drive:-
1) Can I run the computer from the removable 'f' hard drive?
2) How do I copy the image back to the 'c' drive and will this overwrite the existing 'c' drive?

Acronis does not seem to be user friendly and I am reluctant to use trial and error. Can somone who is familiar with Acronis please advise?

Technotiger 21:51 20 Oct 09

You cannot run the computer from the removable drive.

To restore the image back to the C: drive you choose the Restore option from within Acronis, and follow the on-screen prompts.

The Restore will return the C: drive to the exact settings etc that were in place when the Backup was made.

User-312386 21:57 20 Oct 09

You also will need to make yourself a bootable rescue media disc

To do this click tools>create bootable rescue media disc and go through the wizard

If the operating system ever fails or you need to go back to a position and get files then pop the disc in and copy the image back to the C: drive

I back up once a week and then delete anything older than 2 months - Must admit it is one of the best products i have ever bought!

gardener 21:57 20 Oct 09

Don't give up with Acronis True Image, it'll save you alot of trouble if your computer plays up. There will always be someone on the forum who will help if you need it.

lotvic 23:39 20 Oct 09

you didn't say what version acronis, but they are all basically the same for backup.
Video Tutorial click here
User manual pdf's list to choose from to download click here

Snrub 02:05 22 Oct 09

Thanks everyone for all the advice - much appreciated.

Muergo 18:37 23 Oct 09

Has anyone tried Karen's Replicator? a free backup tool I found in "Windows Secrets" but have never tried

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…