How do you use a barcode scanner?

woowoowoo 17:14 16 Oct 05

Hi
I have a load of old books I would like to sell on Amazon, so today at a car boot, I saw a barcode scanner and thought-just the thing. I can load the books on super quick. It plugs into the keyboard hole on the PC and the keyboard then plugs into a splitter on the scanner lead.
So I plug it in and it seems to work - lights come on and it beeps. I managed to open word to see if I could scan a barcode in then the mouse and keyboard stop working.
I don't know if this means its broken - do you have to have a driver for it?
Does anyone know?
Thanks for reading

woodchip 17:19 16 Oct 05

You have to use Software to input Price, Title, etc of book it then should create a Barcode that can be read from labels you create as stickers for products

woowoowoo 17:25 16 Oct 05

I just want it to read the isbn code - from the barcode on the back of the book. Does anyone know where I can get the software from?

woodchip 17:28 16 Oct 05

Try putting the Make into google and look for software etc for it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 16 Oct 05
  woowoowoo 17:32 16 Oct 05

Tried that - sort of got bogged down and didn't know what I needed - I'll give it another go.
Why do you think the mouse and keyboard stop working? I'm wondering if the thing is duff.

woodchip 17:34 16 Oct 05

It takes the place of Mouse

woowoowoo 17:38 16 Oct 05

Oh - I thought it plugged into the keyboard - should I have put it in the mousehole? Thanks for the link fruit bat - I'm off to check that out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now