How do you uninstall Firefox?

skeletal 18:51 11 Dec 06

Can any of you guys offer any ideas of how I can uninstall Mozilla Firefox? It is in Add/Remove programs, but when I click on this to remove it, the computer hangs (I can only recover it by killing the uninstall process in task manager).

I have re-installed Firefox just in case the uninstall dll etc was corrupt/missing, but the same thing happens. The only help I can find so far is “Click remove in Add/Remove programs”...hmm.

Will this be a case of spending hours trawling through the registry?

Thanks for any help.

Skeletal

Jackcoms 18:54 11 Dec 06

This help? click here

thms 18:54 11 Dec 06

Try removing it in safe mode.

VoG II 18:55 11 Dec 06

Try in c:\program files\mozilla firefox\uninstall

I have two .exe files in there, uninst and uninstall.

skidzy 19:10 11 Dec 06

If you fail to remove Firefox from add and remove programs,click here

skeletal 20:01 11 Dec 06

Thanks all. I’ll have another look at it in a while.

Skeletal

skeletal 22:30 11 Dec 06

Thanks again all. I tried the uninstall program VoG but that did not work either. I then moved to skidzy’s link and then further links. It looks like a lot of people had trouble with some of the builds; apparently it is the uninstaller in them that does not work. The links led to another uninstaller that I downloaded and thankfully that one did work.

Some also suggested that uninstall in safe mode may work, but I did not need to try that.

Skeletal

Kate B 22:31 11 Dec 06

Why do you want to uninstall it? Its footprint isn't huge and you could just not use it.

mammak 22:33 11 Dec 06

I agree.

skeletal 09:27 12 Dec 06

Kate B et al: I am doing a bit of spring cleaning (even though it’s winter!) and I have a few programs/general detritus to remove. I have tried a few web browsers, all of which have faults, but ATM Opera just about wins, although it is prone to crash when displaying pdfs.

I have tried Firefox on and off for a long time. An early version displayed all my supposedly secure passwords which I found alarming, so that was out. More recently it seemed better behaved, but I just prefer Opera.

This latest episode of difficult uninstallation has put me off big time. I can’t stand programs that are hard to remove and it clearly is not just me having the problem. If I don’t want it...I don’t want it!!!

On the subject of browsers, a lot of sites I visit do not work with anything other than IE - even the installation CD for my new monitor won’t work properly without it - I ask you!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…