How do you turn off Spybot?

Pine Man 18:09 01 Dec 05

I have just installed Norton Ghost 10 and backed up the system but a verification check indicated a fault with the recovery point (EA39070A). One of the possible causes is Spybot and I need to disable it to see if it cures the problem.

How do you actually disable Spybot - I have checked everything (and probably missed it) but can't find the 'off switch'.

Any ideas?

ade.h 18:17 01 Dec 05

I haven't used it in some time, but I thought that Spybot was NOT an active scanner, like MS Antispyware, but an on-demand scanner like Ad-aware. So there wouldn't be anything to turn off. I may be wrong.

rawprawn 18:23 01 Dec 05

It's not running all the time unless you run Tea Timer (I think) I would suggest uninstall, backup then reinstall. I don't know anything about Norton Ghost. I use Acronis which I would recomend.

woodchip 18:24 01 Dec 05

look for it in MSCONFIG. typed in run It a part of the program I did not load as it comes on too much. Look for Tea Timer under the setup tab remove tick

mammak 18:25 01 Dec 05

I would agree with ade.h on this I use it often and have never had need to turn it off
but saying that it does now (mabye always has)
make a restore point so could be running on the start up menu mabye?

rômanab 18:30 01 Dec 05

first you need to open Spybot in advance mode, this can be done on clicking on 'mode' (next to file, top right)

When in advanced mode choose 'Tools > resident' then uncheck both active agents, tea timer and SD helper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…