How do you Subscribe to PCA on line ??????????????

Sethhaniel 13:53 06 Oct 04

On PC with no access to Admin and shockwave is not installed - The Subscription page is just Shockwave and can not get further than the error message it produces - Wonder how many people have given up with this as there seems to be no alternative way -except by phone and writing. ;)

Sethhaniel 15:00 06 Oct 04

No luck - still get the space for 'shockwave' and no other outlet - when I click on screen get message Error locating object handler' do you wantr to install - if I follow this route says its downloading but as I have no access to Admin settings nothing happens - so am left with blank screen - thanx anyway ;)
You would have thought that there was a shortcut to pages which didn't rely on shockwave etc,

Djohn 15:18 06 Oct 04

Have you used the link at the top of this page? I used it some 4-5 weeks back, subscribed and received my gift 2 days later, the first issue of the Mag 1 week after that.

Sethhaniel 15:25 06 Oct 04

have the snail mail form at home - but thought while I was on 'site' and saw button it would be easier from here - did actually get the page up briefly - but when I went back armed with credit card - no luck - but did notice that subscription posting start with number 114 mine ran out with 112 - so 113 must be imminent -
Plus I hung on a bit as with the forms and phone sales one of my last subscriptions was mixed up with duplicated copies of PCA. So look at probably buying 113 at newsagents and postally subscribing tomorrow. ;)

Sethhaniel 16:16 06 Oct 04

yes it was link at top of page ;)
put it right tomorrow with the trusty post office ;)

Sethhaniel 08:22 07 Oct 04

gave the online one last chance only to get :-Server Error -Either the Macromedia application server is unreachable or it does not have a mapping to process this request.
plus where most companies encourage teh use of I

Sethhaniel 08:30 07 Oct 04

as i was saying.. Most companies give a discount for ordering on line - while the postal application in this case is the cheaper option 12 'cd' issues for £21.97 instead of £23.97 - so £2.00 in your pocket for the postal subscription.

Sethhaniel 13:30 20 Oct 04

number 113 on time - so my postal subscription made it in time - sorted!!! ;)

Stuartli 14:30 20 Oct 04

Part of the reason might be too high security settings or the cookies configuration.

I've also noticed that PC Advisor's website comes up as a Restricted Site...:-(

Sethhaniel 14:37 20 Oct 04

lack of 'admin privelige' i'm afraid - but my moan is that ther is no alternative page fro subscribers that do not have 'shockwave etc,. ;)
But if its cheaper to subscribe by post - then that gets my vote :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…