how do you stop run from opening web addresses.

jockes 11:38 08 Aug 03

after using the net i found that when i use the run command it list up all the internet addresses that i have visited, how do you stop this from happenning.

fitshase 11:41 08 Aug 03

You need to clear the history of Internet Explorer.

Start Internet Explorer and then click on Tools\Internet Options

Click on Clear History

That should work.

temp003 12:43 08 Aug 03

If you don't want the web addresses to show at all, in IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, click AutoComplete, then untick the box for web addresses. This will stop the drop down box of previous web addresses.

You can still enable AutoComplete for web addresses (but in a different way), despite the previous step, by going to the Advanced tab in Internet Options, and under the Browsing section, tick the box for "Use inline AutoComplete".

With this feature, as you type the web address in the address bar, the nearest match from previously entered web addresses will show "in the line", but not in a drop down box. A sort of compromise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…