How do you set up quick launch icons

oo7juk 00:03 05 Feb 04

How do you set up the above on your task bar.

Another question. On the right hand side of my taskbar is a icon which reads: (safely remove hardware) can I remove this, have tried in the custom option but no luck.

thanks.

Bazz2000 00:06 05 Feb 04

just drag the icon there i think.

VoG II 00:07 05 Feb 04

1. drag icon from desktop to the quick launch bar.

2. I don't think you can - somebody will prove me wrong!

Bazz2000 00:09 05 Feb 04

ive just done it mate. And vice versa.

tafoody 00:13 05 Feb 04

haven't tried it but this site says you can remove that icon click here

Djohn 00:22 05 Feb 04

Not sure about removing it, but you can set it to "always hide" or "hide when inactive". j.

Stuartli 08:49 05 Feb 04

The answer to this type of query and many others is readily found in the Windows Help files or Help and Support in the case of XP; the same goes for all Microsoft programs.

Just key in Quick Launch in this case and you will be given a full rundown of procedures to follow.

BRYNIT 12:00 05 Feb 04

If you right click on task bar go up to toolbars you will find a list of toolbars or you can create a new toolbar.

ventanas 12:08 05 Feb 04

If the Quicklaunch toolbar isn't showing right click a clear area on the Taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar. The right click it again and choose Toolbars\Quicklaunch. Drag the vertical spacer a bit to the right to make room and then just drag any shortcut you want.

As for the icon on the right, you must have plugged something in to a USB port such as card reader or removeable drive. Before you remove such device you should click this icon, choose the item you wish to remove and then click on Stop. You will get a message that the hardware can be safely removed. If you have just unplugged something without going through thus procedure it may hace become confused. Plug it in again and then remove it correctly.

Stuartli 12:52 05 Feb 04

Yes and you can, for instance, also place the icon in between others by dragging it to where you want it to be etc, etc.

But as I pointed out earlier, such subjects are clearly detailed in the Help pages. Help pages are there to help....:-)

It's a variation on the RTFM advice...:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…