How do you save little video clips on to your PC.

oo7juk 16:33 04 May 04

Hi there,

My friend sent me a video clip which I have managed to save to my PC. After finding the address of the site I visited it so that I can save further short clips. All I know is that thw clips run via macromedia flash player, but I can't save them. Don't want to visit the site all the time because after a few weeks they discard the clips. I have attached the link for the site to see if you can help be aware that you get quite a few pop ups on them so have your pop blocker at the ready.

click here

Many thanks for all your help.

crx1600 16:38 04 May 04

you can usually find the flash file, within your temporary internet files after viewing,

drag from there to my documents etc, using windows explorer. then open with IE.

Simon_P 16:40 04 May 04

Make available offline

File menu/the site you are on/make available off line

This should save the page and files to your computer

rawprawn 16:43 04 May 04

Right click the link and click "save target as", then nominate where you want the clip to be saved, for example My Documents or My Downloads, whatever you want.

rawprawn 16:46 04 May 04

I did notice that the odd picture link would not save but most do.

Chronos 17:01 04 May 04

i fine the best way is to, run the clip, minimise everything, click on C drive, open the windows folder, find the temp internet files folder, and drag the clip into a folder on the desktop.

oo7juk 17:05 04 May 04

Thanks for the advice, did have a look in my temp internet files but nothing was there also tried saving the actual clip but it wouldn't let me. Any other ideas. Has anybody tried to do it themselves.

rawprawn 18:52 04 May 04

Yes I tried, no

rawprawn 18:56 04 May 04

Sorry, when I tried before I didn't let it run through & then try to play. I assumed it was OK. I have now tried fully & I cannot play them. Pass.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…