How do you right click?

Ian in Northampton 08:54 31 May 15
Answered

I'm in the market for a laptop, and was 'playing' with some at my local Tesco. I noticed that a couple of Acers and an HP only had a trackpad - no clicking buttons. That doesn't seem to be a problem if you want to left click - juts a tap on the trackpad - but I couldn't work out how you right click on something. All three machines looked as if they were running Windows 8.1. Can anyone enlighten me?

onthelimit1 08:56 31 May 15
Answer

Very often the touchpads have no obvious buttons, but pressure on the bottom left and right operates microswitches as usual.

Ian in Northampton 09:01 31 May 15

Ah - thanks onthelimit1. Next time I'm there, I'll try that,

Batch 10:55 31 May 15

The touchpads along with their driver software have all sorts of special gestures. You'd need to know the specific touchpad / driver to know everything. But rest assured, you can right click.

However, I've never got along with touchpads and always use a wireless mouse.

robin_x 11:08 31 May 15

Ditto. IBM Nipples are even worse

Ian in Northampton 11:26 31 May 15

Thanks Batch/robin_x.

onthelimit1 13:12 31 May 15

I've always been fairly keen on nipples?!

Ian in Northampton 14:08 31 May 15

onthelimit1: I studiously avoided making a joke along those lines. I'm glad you gave in to temptation... :-)

And: just back from Tesco. Sure enough: 'clicking' bottom right on the touchpad is what does it. You live and learn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video