How do you remove programs in msconfig

rawprawn 15:05 15 Jan 05

Is it possible to remove old no longer installed programs from the Start Menu in msconfig.

BurrWalnut 15:09 15 Jan 05

You'll find them in these 2 keys. I haven't tried but presumably deleting them would remove them from the list.

For items that were in the Start, All Programs, Startup folder, navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder, where you'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

For items loaded from the Registry, navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg, where you'll find a subkey for each disabled item.

Eargasm 15:10 15 Jan 05

Have a look at click here it might help.

rawprawn 15:15 15 Jan 05

Thanks but as far as I can see that is for "Services" not old removed programs that still show in the "Start Tab".

rawprawn 15:22 15 Jan 05

Yes, that does it thanks for your help. It wasn't really important, but something I have wanted to do for a while without knowing how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…