How do you remove Cyber Security?

Chris Webster 18:52 12 Oct 09

Hi,

My sister has been 'infected' with Cyber Security, I've tried everything I know to try and remove it but I can't get rid of it. It won't let me uninstall it through Add and Remove Programms and I can't get her laptop to boot up in Safe Mode to try it that way.

Packard Bell Easy Note - XP

Any suggestions please.

Regards, Chris.

Technotiger 19:02 12 Oct 09

I have not used this, nor do I know what it costs, but this does purport to remove Cyber Security ...

click here

mooly 19:03 12 Oct 09

Can you get malwarebytes to download.
click here

Is it Vista? Can you run Windows Defender. Don't know if that would find this particular one ?

MAT ALAN 19:06 12 Oct 09

click here
click here

these may help...

Chris Webster 19:10 12 Oct 09

Thank you all,

I've downloaded Malwarebytes. I'll see her tomorrow and let you know if it's removed it.

Regards, Chris.

bernhei 10:08 13 Oct 09

Another anti-spyware program that could be the solution for your problem:
- Superantispyware (download free version from click here)
- Save setup file to your desktop and double-click the SUPERAntiSpyware.exe file to start the installation.
- Before starting computer scan, make sure you have up-to-date software version.

If non of the above tools worked, click here for alternative fix methods.

Hope this helps to fix your problems.

Chris Webster 20:55 13 Oct 09

Thanks everyone, Malwarebytes did the trick, it removed Cyber Security and a few other nasties she had.

I've got A-Squared and Ad-Aware 8.1 on my laptop and now Malwarebytes too.

Regards, Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…