How do you remove the BT Download Manager ?

Giggle n' Bits 14:32 21 Sep 03

aquired a 2nd hand pc with win 98se and on boot into destop it has a pop up requesting for a payment and its title is called BT Download manager.

This is also stopping me connecting to my usual isp.

There is no entries in the Add/Remove programms as I removed the BT software in there.

Has anyone encountered this problem ?.

MAJ 14:40 21 Sep 03

Take a look in msconfig > Startup tab see if there's anything referring to it in there. Start > Run, type msconfig click OK, click Startup tab. Also check in your Startup Folder.

kinger 14:41 21 Sep 03

... Click on 'Run'.

Type 'msconfig'

click on 'StartUP'

Un tick the BT entry and reboot.

It is loading on start up and by stopping this from happening you'll be able to get around it.

Giggle n' Bits 15:56 21 Sep 03

Does anyone know how to remove it from the Registry or what the command line is. I will have a look and see what programmes are running in the back ground also.

The thing is with stopping things in the MSconfig box is there still effectivly there and its just a temp measure.

Will leave post open for a while.

MAJ 16:07 21 Sep 03

You could try Regcleaner click here see if that gets rid of it, Audio~Chip.

BurrWalnut 16:26 21 Sep 03

This registry key shows what starts when you boot up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Just right click and delete in the right pane anything you don't want to run. BACKUP the registry first!

Giggle n' Bits 19:27 21 Sep 03

BurrWalnut you hit the nail on the head. Will zap it from there as I know its gone for good in there.

I will also clean out the reg-main link in editor to remove the BTOpenworld (Supplied by)/internet branding also.

Thanks for all the replies and call one this post and enjoy the last few hours of your weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…