How do you rate Abode Air?.

spuds 14 Mar 13
Answered

After installing the latest updates for Avast freeware, I keep getting 'updater' prompts to download Abode Air. Checking this product out seems to suggest its a 'must have', because websites like eBay are moving to this product.

Are you using Abode Air, if so, what are your findings?.

As usual, all help or advice appreciated.

Woolwell 14 Mar 13

The Met Office desktop widget requires Adobe Air (quite appropriate really). I haven't had any problems with it.

spuds 14 Mar 13

Thanks Woolwell, I'll leave this open for a bit, and see if anyone else as any further comments.

I have downloaded and installed Abode Air, just wanted to see what the 'market' opinions were.

chub_tor 14 Mar 13

I was prompted to install it some time ago and so far as I am concerned it is just another programme that runs in the background.

spuds 14 Mar 13

chub_tor, I have just check on the various start-up programs on the computer, and Abode Air is not showing, Abode Acrobat is though. Would there be any explanation for this?.

spuds 15 Mar 13
Answer

Since installing this program, I keep getting reminders from Avast to update or possibly install Abode Air, which is proving to be a problem.

As I said earlier, I have installed the program, but it doesn't appear in the start-up or anywhere else. Perhaps a 'new' install will resolve the problems?.

Will tick this post as resolved.

Woolwell 15 Mar 13

Like Flash it doesn't appear in start up programs but should be in Control Panel under Uninstall a Program.

rdave13 15 Mar 13

I think it's automatically installed with Adobe Acrobat anyway.Troubleshoot

rdave13 15 Mar 13

PS, I only use Flash from Adobe so don't have Air installed and no need for it yet.

spuds 15 Mar 13

rdave13- Thanks for the link, will look at it later due to a pending hospital appointment at lunchtime. So I must leave home now.

I have opened a new thread on the subject.

Batch 15 Mar 13

To my knowledge I've never comes across anything that requires AIR. I assume that if I do, I will get prompted to download it at the time.

This seems to give a good overview of what it is about:

http://polygeek.com/4395air-mobilewhat-is-adobe-air

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message