how do you print white when using coloured paper?

athenrye 16:28 15 Mar 08

im doing a sign for a driving school

the L Plates have a red L on white background so when its printed on yellow or light blue paper the white dosnt print as i assume it thinks its white paper

is thier anyway round this other than using white paper?
or cnat printers print white?
cheers
will

Technotiger 16:36 15 Mar 08

If you save an image from among this lot, it might then print as shown ... click here just a thought.

TT - ADI Retd.

athenrye 16:49 15 Mar 08

no its just not the l plates its the other road sings as well

the thing i think it is that its to do with a default setting, it wont print white as it asumes you have white paper

at first i thought it was a clear backgrounf on the images, but i went in and coloured it white

but it still shpws the coloured paper through

how do you print white if your clours are black, red blue and yellow, is it possible?
will

rossgolf 16:54 15 Mar 08

try using a text box then formating it as awhite background

Pamy 17:02 15 Mar 08

As you do not have white ink then I think what you want to do is impossible

Pamy 17:04 15 Mar 08

PS. why not use white paper?

woodchip 18:11 15 Mar 08

You don't, it cannot be done. you use white paper and white is not printed, only colour

lotvic 18:22 15 Mar 08

You use white paper and if you want the rest of the sheet to have a background of yellow or light blue then you colour it in and print the yellow or light blue.

Totally-braindead 18:51 15 Mar 08

As far as I know you don't get white ink for inkjets so its impossible.

Theres no way in the world you could ever get white by mixing black, blue, yellow and red.

athenrye 18:55 15 Mar 08

thanks guys
kind of thought it was impossible
just needed to here you say it
will

Pineman100 18:57 15 Mar 08

You can't print white.

You'll have to use white paper, then print your chosen colour on to it everywhere except where you want the white to be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…