How do you print parts of pages from the internet?

yorkieval 19:42 28 Feb 03

Hi, I know how to print a whole page but cannot figure out how to print a part of a page, e.g. sometimes I only want the text and not all the pictures, or all the headings etc. My operating system is XP home....Thanks in advance Val.....

jazzypop 19:55 28 Feb 03

A couple of suggestions -

If the text you want is in a paragraph, or series of adjacent paragraphs, highlight the text by passing the cursor over it with the left button clicked.

Then go to File > Print, and click on 'Selection'. This will print just the selected (highlighted) text and pictures.

If what you want is dotted around all over the page, select each part, press Ctrl-C (to copy it), open Word, press Ctrl-V (to paste it). Repeat until you have all the sections you want, then print from Word.

BRYNIT 19:58 28 Feb 03

High light the print you want right click or file print, selection, this will only print the text you have selected.

yorkieval 20:00 28 Feb 03

Thank you both very much, I can see where I was going wrong now as I was just highlighting it and then choosing print and not selection...kiss kiss.....Val

yorkieval 20:11 28 Feb 03

You will never believe this but now that I have found out how to do this, the web site that I am trying to copy from just wiont let me highlight anything. I have tried what you said on this page and it works. Maybe some websites somehow stop you being able to copy text. the website pages I am trying to copy is click here
will you be kind enough to see if it works for you, or is it me again doing something wrong.....Thanks Val

Legolas 20:24 28 Feb 03

yorkieval I tried to highlight the text in the page you gave the link to and as you said it will not allow you to, try this go to the web page and click on "file" at the top of the page, choose "save as" and choose to save as a "text file" this will save the page as a text file to the word processing software you use you can then choose what you want to print from there.

beeuuem 20:39 28 Feb 03

You can select, copy and paste from that site if you use Opera.

Pesala 20:43 28 Feb 03

but Val is a new user and is stuck with Internet Explorer. File save as, then don't forget to choose text file as the type otherwise you get HTML with graphics. And don't forget to notice where you save it. (*¿*)

Pesala 20:43 28 Feb 03

but Val is a new user and is stuck with Internet Explorer. File save as, then don't forget to choose text file as the type otherwise you get HTML with graphics. And don't forget to notice where you save it. (*¿*)

Pesala 20:44 28 Feb 03

Mouse is working well tonight.

Pesala 20:44 28 Feb 03

Mouse is working well tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…