How Do You Play Multiplayer Games Online?

Binoboy 15:52 25 Nov 05

I'm trying to set up a multiplayer game of Age of Empires (the original version) with a friend over the internet but I am having problems.

When it asks for type of connection we both select "internet TCP/IP" as we are both on high speed connections. Then it comes to setting the game up, which is where the problems begin (and end).

One of us creates a game but when the other searches for the IP address of the other we can't find the game...

Hope someone can help!

ACOLYTE 15:56 25 Nov 05

You need to make sure the game is unblocked so yuor firewall lets it through and lets his pc connect to yours as well,i dont know about AOE,but in AOE2 that i have there is an option to connect direct by entering the IP addy of the server.Also make sure you both have the same version/patches installed.

Binoboy 16:03 25 Nov 05

Thanks, will give it a go. It's definitely the same version that's installed.

Binoboy 16:23 25 Nov 05

Still not having any luck...

The game has definitely been unblocked on both computers and we have both tried using each others host address that has been given to us by the others computer.

Ivor_Monkey 17:01 25 Nov 05

From memory, the easiest way is to play multiplayer thru the game at eso. Both of you can meet and play. This saves the bother of directly connecting to each other's computer and (if you open the game to others) you will also extend your circle of friends.

In my view, age of empire multiplayer is the best series of online games. Enjoy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…