How do you make a Html page SSL?

Mad Boy 16:55 06 Apr 03

Like to keep it safe, i think it means secure site something i think. Just wondering how can it be done in frontpage? I noticed if you click properties its there but its greyed out?

Many Thanks

Cam-330894 19:35 06 Apr 03

You may be a little confused, a ssl page is STORED on a secured server unlike your other pages. You creat your pages with your normal editor.

Taran 19:59 06 Apr 03

Just to clarify a bit here, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a protocol used for authenticated and encrypted information between clients (typically your desktop PC) and a server.

Most people are first exposed to it for securely transmitting information held in documents (web pages) over the web.

It was developed by Netscape, it has become a standard, and is typically used for collecting sensitive information for secure, encrypted transfer, like credit card details and similar.

To use it you should speak with your web host who will advise on whether or not they can offer it to you. Many hosts will not offer it to none business clients, and there are other factors and cost penalties involved in implementing it.

Without knowing your intended use, it's a little hard to advise appropriately.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…