How do you make a bootable Floppy Disk ?

Giggle n' Bits 10:51 28 Apr 04

I may have one but not sure if it the same as a Bootable Floppy disk.

The reason I need one is to Flash the BIOS.
I need to create one for Win98SE.

I do have a Floppy disk which says Win98SE Boot Disk & it was the one which came with my Windows 98SE CD year ago.

So can someone tell me if this Floppy is the same as a Bootable Floppy Disk please ?

MichelleC 11:00 28 Apr 04

You can always get one from here click here

BTW why do you need to flash bios?

sicknote 11:00 28 Apr 04

Yes !!!

Smegs 11:11 28 Apr 04

It's the same one.

TomJerry 11:26 28 Apr 04

But, you can also flash bios under windows with special utility.

pj123 12:24 28 Apr 04

As MichelleC says, why do you want to flash the BIOS? I did it once a long time ago and it was a complete disaster. I think there is a thread running at the moment where someone flashed the BIOS and now the computer won't boot. Be careful.

TomJerry 12:31 28 Apr 04

stay away with hacked bios flash. I flash my pc bios a few times, never had any problem.

Lobsang 13:22 28 Apr 04

flashing bios is sometimes useful. You do not need a boot disk to do this. Download the bios file and run it and it will tell you to insert a floppy and copy some files over to it. Then restart your computer and it will automatically install it.

QuickHare 13:33 28 Apr 04

Go to Start, Control Panel. Go to Add/Remove Programs, and on one of the pages will be a button saying "Create startup disk".

This is another name for a boot disk, and can be created this way in all Windows except XP (as Microsoft thinks you never need a boot disk again, ever).

All you need is one floppy disk (hopefully a working one) and about five minutes of your time.

Giggle n' Bits 19:21 28 Apr 04

Reading the about the problems as the Asus Website the Fix is to update the BIOS from release 1002 too 1003 to fix it.

The problems that I have encountered is there is a Power loss restart problem and a install O's read problem but Asus describe it abit more tech.

Thanks everyone for the imput.

Giggle n' Bits 23:56 28 Apr 04

Worrying over nothing, just something new to me and sounded more difficult that it actuially is.

Thanks everone in the Forum !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…