how do you make a boot disc not using flopy?

rossgolf 21:15 31 Oct 07

how do i make a boot disc without a floppy i read somewhere that you use an image file or summat like that....i have downloaded somthing from a boot file website but i dont no what to do with it ? its a windows 98 boot file
what do i do with it....how do i burn it to disc
help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:19 31 Oct 07

Is it an iso file?

If so this is a disk image just use your burning software to burn the iso file to a CD.

img burn will do it if you dont have the software
free and only 1.5mb
click here

rossgolf 21:28 31 Oct 07

not sure if its iso i jst got it off bootdics.com ( summat like that) and when i double cliked on it it came up with....insert floppy to burn to.....when i try burnig the files with roxio it says select a .img,.bin file....what does this mean?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:33 31 Oct 07

If you attempt to make a Win 98 boot disk on a floppy formatted by XP
It will probbly NOT work.

beeuuem 21:40 31 Oct 07

Download and install click here
Right click on the ISO image file and select 'copy image to CD'.

the iso downloads are
click here

rossgolf 21:54 31 Oct 07

so i just put the files onto disc and wack it in the drive and press like f8 to select first boot device?
thanx

You will need to download/burn iso image from above link and then boot from cd drive,rather than burning files to disc.(as far as im aware)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…