How do you make animated GIF images?

Midsman2005 21:58 25 Oct 05

Hello Forum,

I have found a new hobby...and it is making amusing little videos for my friends that live around the world!

My next project...

Does anybody here know of any free or very cheap software package that would allow me to make simple animated GIF images? the sort you see in messenger programs or on websites.

Like this sort of thing click here but obviously not as complicated and probably more exciting!

Thank you for your help.

ade.h 22:04 25 Oct 05

Well, I've not used it myself (prefer NOF) but there is an open source web-dev program called NVU. It should handle that no problem. If not, it should be simple enough to find out the relevant bit of HTML that is required and design two suitable images yourself.

Come on over to the Webdesign forum if you want to know more.

Skills 22:24 25 Oct 05

I have found serifs drawplus software which is free very easy to use and it will make animated gifs for you. click here

Chegs ® 23:00 25 Oct 05

I used UnFreez from here click here to create this click here from 4 pics of my cat asleep in a chair.It was my very 1st attempt,so its running way to fast,but the UnFreez app offers adjustment to the framerate.Only other app needed is a converter from jpeg to .gif,before simply drag/drop the gifs into the UnFreez window.

Midsman2005 00:24 26 Oct 05

Thank you very much.

I'll give all your suggestions a go and post the results of my first attempts!

Midsman2005 00:28 26 Oct 05

Unfreez is excellent!

So easy and does the job perfectly :-)

Thank you so much!

I'll give drawplus a go now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…