How do you get a USB 2 drive with Autorun to work?

RESP 12:20 04 Jan 05

I was lucky enough to get a 1Gb USB 2.0 drive for Christmas. It was supplied by click here a Korean company so their website is indecipherable and the Google translation is hopeless! The drive has a security feature: it is configured as 2 drives - say E and F. Drive E contains a password facility and once you have set up the password it allows you to access the F drive. This ensures your data remains safe if you lose the USB drive. However, the USB drive has an Autorun facility which my PC does not seem to recognise. When I insert the USB drive nothing appears to happen. The Device Manager recognises the drive as an Autorun device and if I click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray it is recognised as Drives E and F. However, I am unable to access either the E or F drive and it is not recognised by Windows Explorerm or accessible via "My Computer". I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2. Can anyone help, please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:30 04 Jan 05

Try my computer - right click e drive -properties - autoplay tab - prompt me each time...

RESP 22:09 04 Jan 05

Thanks for the swift response. Unfortunately this doesn't work as the E and F drives don't register on 'My Computer'. This is part of the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…