How do you get a new window to maximise?

buel 21:16 09 Oct 08

Hi, please can anyone tell me how to get a new window in xp to maximise automatically as it only opens at half size at the moment....

bluto1 21:26 09 Oct 08

The three buttons at the top right corner have an answer. If the center one shows what looks like 2 screens click on it. If only one screen take your mouse to the edges of the page and when it has changed shape to a bar across the edge then keeping your finger on the button drag it to the side and repeat for other sides

bluto1 21:33 09 Oct 08

Sorry buel, I should pay more attention. You said "automatically". Click on the centre button at top right. Then drag the sides of the window to your screen edges and make sure that there is only one square in the centre button. That should do it.

I am Spartacus 21:33 09 Oct 08

Right click on the program you want to open, select Properties and click the Shortcut tab. In the Run option select Maximised then click OK, it will then open in full screen.

tullie 21:36 09 Oct 08

If theres one square at top then just drag the window to size you want,if there are two squares and you click it,the window will go smaller.

buel 21:37 09 Oct 08

Oh im afraid what i should have said was it is not when i open up a new browser from desktop but always when i click on, say, the 'reply to question' on an ebay email? Do you see what i mean?

buel 22:18 09 Oct 08

Oh im afraid what i should have said was it is not when i open up a new browser from desktop but always when i click on, say, the 'reply to question' on an ebay email? Do you see what i mean?

buel 23:06 09 Oct 08

birdface 23:25 09 Oct 08

Keep the page that you want to maximize and remove the rest.Maximize it to the size that you want and then close it using the red X.It should then open on full page from then on.

Pine Man 09:33 10 Oct 08

I think you really meant DON'T close it using the red X. Close it from the File menu using exit.

birdface 09:51 10 Oct 08

I think that you will find that any of the two of them will work.Now he has the choice of trying both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…