how do you find onboard soundcard with no drivers?

cybermumsue 20:40 22 May 06

another similar query. i have gone through the process of looking at system information but i cant find a driver until i have the company of my soundcard.
the onboard soundcard says chaintech but this isnt enough info.

so am i in a catch 22 situation where i cant find the info so i cant load driver??

johnnyrocker 20:42 22 May 06

have a look in either system or device manager which may be more help.

cybermumsue 20:50 22 May 06

i have been to the device manager. one pc it doesnt even register sound card (yet it has legacy drivers working properly)
the other pc has an exclamation mark . i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but all it says it multimedia control exclamation mark

johnnyrocker 20:52 22 May 06

do you have a prob with more than one pc?

skidzy 21:06 22 May 06

Try running this to find out click here

Post back any details it may find ac97 audio/realtek etc and we will try to find the drivers for you.

If the exclaimation marks are in yellow,you can click on them,click remove and reboot...assuming you are running xp....xp should find the drivers and reinstall them.

Best bet is to try my link for more detailed data.

cybermumsue 21:22 22 May 06

1 pc says codec drivers and legacy drivers but not ac 97 so not realtech?

the other pc says the same but still no multimedia deivce shown despite enabling and reinstalling

skidzy 21:27 22 May 06

Have you recently added this sound card ?

could it be possible you are missing some codecs or have they been corrupted....Maybe giving this a go,just an idea due to the lack of info click here

bazb 21:28 22 May 06

You can usely get onboard soundcard drivers from the motherboard makers web site.

skidzy 21:36 22 May 06

Ive noticed you have started another thread very similar to this one,its in your best interest to stay with one thread for the best possible advice.

By sticking with one thread we can eliminate different things you may have tried.

strech 08:25 23 May 06

click here
try this

cybermumsue 18:35 23 May 06

i gave up on one computer - and disabled the onboard sound and installed a new one.
however cant find driver on the via technology onboard sound. i have done a system info belarc and it says vt8365-686a with a chaintech sound chip.
i cant find the driver anywhere. even on via and driver guide it does not have that model!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…